Is mold hazardous to my family’s health?
Mold growth can be a serious problem within the home. Ranging from attics, bathrooms and basements mold can be found in just about any area of the house. Many people find themselves wondering how mold has taken root within their home. Mold growth needs to have water or some form of moisture to grow, and that is why mold growth is often associated with water damage or flooding within the home, however most people do not know the many problems that mold can cause within the home.
Mold growth is very unflattering to the home to say the least, but what many people do not understand is that mold can be hazardous to your family’s health as well. Health problems can range from a constant annoyance to permanent health issues. Health issues associated to mold include coughing, itching, dry eyes, sneezing, asthma attacks, as well as permanent damage to the lungs.
If you discover mold growing anywhere within your property it is important take immediate action. A common misunderstanding is that mold is only hazardous if you come into physical contact with it, however mold spores actually travel through the air. For this reason many dangers related to mold growth are related to the respiratory system, such as asthma and bleeding lungs.
When coming into contact with mold the best thing to do is call a mold removal specialist as soon as possible. If you wait to take care of the problem, it only elongates the period of time that you are breathing in the mold spores putting you and your family’s health at risk. It is also important to take note that infants, the elderly and people with immune deficiency problems are at higher risks of health hazards when exposed to mold.
Calling a mold remediation team will make sure the problem is taken care of quickly and effectively. Mold removal specialists have the expertise as well as the equipment to remove the mold safely, using suits and mask to keep mold spores at bay. Mold removal companies make sure to examine the entire home for contamination, get rid of the mold as well as thoroughly clean the area to make sure the mold will not return. Take care of mold problems before they have the chance to effect your family’s health.Tweet