Preventing Mold Damage In Your Home
Mold damage can cause thousands and thousands of dollars in damage to your home. Not only that, mold damage can cause severe health problems to you and your family. This is why we stress mold damage prevention. There are many little things you can do to prevent mold damage in your home to save money and to keep your family safe from the harsh effects of mold.
- Keep humidity levels at 30-50% in your home. Use a dehumidifier to achieve this.
- Clean up all spills immediately. Mold growth can begin as soon as 48 hours if moisture is present.
- Ensure rooms that use water (bathroom, kitchen, laundry room) have a good ventilation system.
- Make sure all appliances that use liquids are working properly. Check periodically for cracked hoses, leaks, and backups.
- Open windows to allow air to circulate throughout your home. This will help keep it dry.
- Keep hvac systems in check. Mold in your hvac system can cause major problems.
- Keep gutters clean. They can cause water damage to roofs and basements – which can cause mold damage if not seen when it occurs.
Mold damage is a serious issue that we don’t take lightly. If you discover mold damage in your home and don’t know the source, we encourage you to call a mold damage restoration company. Some molds can be deadly and mold spreads very quickly and easily when disturbed.
Our mold damage remediation company uses only expert mold damage technicians that know all the ins and outs of mold damage and its sources. We offer free, detailed estimates, and we’re available day and night. Please contact us today to discuss any mold damage you may have in your homeTweet